The Parishes of Maltby and Laughton
Closing date: Noon, 13 June 2023
Interview date: 5 July 2023
A key objective and focus of the interim ministry will be to develop a clear missional strategy around the high number of occasional offices (especially at Maltby), including reviewing and developing good processes for preparing baptism and marriage candidates, and growing lay teams to support baptism families and the recently bereaved.
We are looking for: –
- An enthusiastic leader with excellent communication skills to grow and develop our two churches.
- Someone who can support the development of Focal Ministry.
- A person who is able to continue to grow links with schools and the wider community.
- Someone with a deep personal faith.
We can offer: –
- Beautiful Grade I and grade II listed buildings in semi-rural locations, with growing populations and a high number of occasional offices.
- Congregations with a high level of commitment to church life.
- An openness to embrace change and growth.
- A modern 4-bedroom rectory within walking distance of St Bartholomew’s church in Maltby.
Incumbent level stipend, plus pension and all on costs, and housing.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Applications to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here to help
Associate Archdeacon Rotherham & Laughton (AATE)
For an informal chat, please contact the Revd. Julie Bacon (Associate Archdeacon-Transition Enabler for the deaneries of Rotherham and Laughton) on 07706 357165 or email@example.com.
Our new model of ministry has emerged from a period of extensive consultation about how to deploy a reduced number of stipendiary incumbents most fruitfully to realise our Diocesan Vision “to grow a sustainable network of Christ-like, lively and diverse Christian communities in every place which are effective in making disciples and in seeking to transform our society and God’s world”. Find out more