Here to help
Director of Mission and Ministry
Do you feel a call to Reader ministry?
There are over 150 Readers in active ministry in the Diocese of Sheffield. They come from different backgrounds and serve in different contexts. They have a particular ministry of word and worship in the Diocese, working alongside lay and ordained colleagues in preaching and teaching.
This section is for those who feel a call to Reader ministry and want to know how to get started as well as providing resources and information for those licensed as Readers in the Diocese.
Details of the Executive Committee of the Readers’ Association
- Organises the work of Readers in the Diocese
- Promotes continuing ministerial development
- Ensures on-going pastoral care for Readers
- Offers the Bishop and the Board of Ministry and Mission advice on any matters relating to Readers
- Assists in the training and induction of new Readers and Readers in training
- Meets four times a year
As well as the usual officers, there should be a representative from each Deanery. The Chair is taken, in rotation, by one of the Assistant Wardens, for a year at a time.
The AGM of the Association normally takes place in the first week of June.
The members of the Committee are:
- Chair: Beryl Adamson
- Treasurer: Jeremy Johnson
- Assistant Wardens: Beryl Adamson, Giles Morrison and Peter Rainford
- Tina Powell-Wiffen
- Ro Willoughby
- Jonathan Foster
- Steve Ellis
- Patrick White
- Chris Hall
- Derek Barraclough