The Diocese of Sheffield is divided into 12 deaneries. Increasingly these groups of parishes are taking a lead in developing strategy for the growth of the church in every community. Each deanery is led by an Area Dean who shares in “leading the parishes and benefices of the Deanery in God’s mission and in realising the Diocesan vision”.
When a parish is without a vicar, the Area Dean works closely with the Churchwardens to ensure the smooth running of the church and is therefore a good point of contact for any enquiries.
- Attercliffe: The Revd Philip Knowles
- Ecclesall: The Revd Canon Mark Brown
- Ecclesfield: The Revd Pip Salmon
- Hallam: The Revd Canon Dr Matthew Rhodes
- Laughton: The Revd Vicky Camber
- Rotherham: The Revd Canon Philip Batchford
- Adwick-le-Street: The Revd David Berry
- Doncaster: The Revd Canon Andrew Howard The Revd Richard Heard
- Snaith & Hatfield: The Revd Tim Mitchell
- Tankersley: The Revd David Hopkin
- Wath: The Revd Andy Brewerton The Revd Fiona Kouble
- West Doncaster: The Revd Canon Ian Smith
- Hickleton Chapter: The Revd Edward Morrison