Here to help
Digital Learning Designer
Our Church Toolkit series
These toolkits are free to access, easy to navigate and designed for churches.
How to create an account
You need to have an account to access our learning platform which hosts some of our eLearning. This gives you the advantage of tracking your learning.
- Complete the form and remember your username and password
- You will receive a confirmation email which you must reply to
- Come back to this page and click on the link to enrol on to any of the toolkits below that require an account.
Basic Computer and Microsoft Office skills – tutorials
eLearning from GCF Global
A free video-based course from GCF Global covering computers, hardware, the internet, operating systems, the cloud and more.
A free video-based course from GCF Global covering how to download and upload documents, install software and carry out basic tasks.
A free video-based course from GCF Global with tutorials in all of the Office suite such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Details of all Safeguarding eLearning using the Church of England National Safeguarding Training Portal can be found along with all of our face-to-face training in our Safeguarding section of this site.
The portal covers the following topics…
- Basic Awareness – 60-90mins – For everyone within Church communities who need to have a basic awareness of safeguarding issues.
- Foundations – 60-90mins – For those who hold positions of responsibility for the safeguarding of others within church settings.
- Raising Awareness of Domestic Abuse – 90-120mins – A specialist course exploring the nature and dynamics of domestic abuse, with a focus on church settings. Required for anyone holding the Bishop’s Licence, commission, authorisation or PTO, Spiritual Directors, Bishops Visitors, Pastoral Visitors and Safeguarding Officers. This training should be refreshed every 3 years.
- Safer Recruitment and People Management – 90-120mins – For all those involved in the recruitment, selection and management of staff or volunteers.
- Modern Slavery Training – 60-90mins – This course, from the Clewer Initiative, aims to provide a general understanding of modern slavery and human trafficking, and how you can recognise & respond to concerns relating to it.