Interim Vicar of The Vine, Sheffield
The Bishop of Sheffield wants to appoint an outward-looking priest, for an initial three-year period, to lead and enable mission and ministry in this diverse and growing inner-city mixed economy church, where good community action meets the desire to introduce people to Jesus. If you are…
- a strategic thinker, able to see the big picture;
- committed to enabling different expressions of church;
- a collaborative worker, open to working in partnership with other churches and community organisations;
- someone who prioritises prayer as a foundation for all ministry
… we’d love to work with you, introduce you to our community and share food with you!
For an informal conversation, contact The Venerable Malcolm Chamberlain, on 01709 309110.
Applications to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 8 February (5pm)
Interview date: 13 March
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Vicar of All Saints Wath-upon-Dearne
Patron: The Dean and Chapter of Christchurch, Oxford
In collaboration with the Patron, Christ Church, Oxford, the Bishop of Sheffield is seeking to appoint a Vicar for All Saints’ Wath-upon-Dearne, a large and busy parish in the heart of a redeveloping area in the Sheffield/Rotherham/Doncaster region of South Yorkshire. The Patron is glad to offer generous support with office expenses and other appropriate grants to support the incumbent’s ministry.
- Develop a welcoming church community offering worship that is accessible to new people?
- Work with with the Church School to encourage families and children grow into membership of “traditional” church or “fresh expressions “?
- Teach the Bible and lead worship in ways that inspire discipleship, prayer and mission?
- Work collaboratively and develop ministry teams?
- Create a network of small groups for teaching, fellowship and pastoral support?
- Train key lay leaders to build up the church and serve the community?
- Pioneer new work among children and teenagers?
- Then you may well have the gifts that the Parish is seeking in its next incumbent.
For an informal conversation, please contact the Archdeacon of Doncaster (01709 309110 or email@example.com)
Closing date: 14 February 2018
Interview date: 7 March 2018
This post is subject to enhanced DBS disclosure
House for Duty Priest in the Cornerstone Mission Partnership
We are looking for a House for Duty Associate Priest (3-4 days per week) to serve with a stipendiary Incumbent and self-supporting Priest across the churches of the Stocksbridge Valley at an exciting stage in the mission partnership’s development.
This could be the perfect post for you if you …
- enjoy engaging and integrating with local community groups (including schools and residential homes) and different worshipping congregations
- can inspire and nurture disciples of all ages through relevant and lively preaching and teaching, generating vision and imagination in growing the Kingdom of God
- value ongoing involvement in pastoral care and occasional offices
We offer …
- an attractive 4 bedroomed vicarage in the delightful village of Bolsterstone on the edge of the Peak District, and working expenses
- friendly, committed and welcoming congregations with active lay involvement
The post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure. Informal enquiries can be made to the Archdeacon of Sheffield & Rotherham (01709 309110) or to the Revd Hilda Isaacson (0114 285 1225)
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.