Things to consider:
- The gifts of the people already there
- The needs of the parish
- The vision for the parish
- How does the parish relate to the wider Mission Area?
- How this relates to the Mission Action Plan
- How many Focal Ministers might be needed?
Focal Ministers are not expected to be the finished article, but it is expected that they will have the character and openness necessary to develop and grow in the role. The table of Core Characteristics of Focal Ministers below may help.
The Focal Ministry Team is here to support you every step of the way and so please do get in touch with any questions or if you would like a visit.
If the parish does not have an Oversight Minister then the PCC might consult with their Associate Archdeacon Transition Enabler (AATE) or another Minister who can support them and potential Focal Ministry candidates through the process.
The next step is Nominating Focal Ministers.