The purpose of the Board of Faith and Justice is to oversee the implementation of the Diocesan Salt and Light Strategy by developing a passionate, confident vision of the distinctive contribution that churches in our Diocese can make in seeking to transform our society and God’s world.
This vision is an integral part of the wider mission of the church and arises from a commitment to the values of the Kingdom of God. The department works in a number of ways to achieve its vision:
The Board is structured around the Five Marks of Mission of the Anglican Communion.
- To proclaim the good news of the Kingdom.
- To teach, baptise and nurture new believers.
- To respond to human need by loving service.
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and pursue peace and reconciliation.
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.