The work of the Board of Faith and Justice is shaped by the desire to develop the last three Marks of Mission of the Anglican Communion:
- To respond to human need by loving service.
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and pursue peace and reconciliation.
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.
The Board of Faith and Justice exists to encourage, advocate for and promote aspects of Christian life concerned with social justice, transformation and action. We seek to serve the Diocese and assist senior Diocesan leadership by advising, disseminating information, promoting issues an supporting parishes.
- Be aware of and map faith and justice work in the Diocese of Sheffield.
- Connect those involved, enabling them to promote their work and support and encourage each other.
- Promote faith and justice work in the Diocese, including in communication within the Diocese and beyond. This will include initiating activities and seeking funding as appropriate.
Meetings: The Board meets at least four times a year and reports regularly to the Bishop’s Senior Staff, Bishop’s Council and Diocesan Synod.
Board Members – Chair: Archdeacon Javaid Iqbal Secretary: Currently Vacant.
- Revd Canon Eleanor Robertshaw
- Zarish Nadeem
- Ian Downing
- David Price
- Revd Casey Strine
- Revd Anesia Cook
- Dr Cathy Rhodes
- Dr Jackie Butcher
- Revd Louise Castle
- Revd Gina Kalsi
- Miriam Cavanagh
- Revd Joy French
- Revd Steve Millwood
To find out more about the work of the Board, please visit Social Transformation.