This is an exciting time for ministry and mission in these two parishes and as part of a wider Mission Area (5 parishes in all). We are looking for a priest-in-charge and Oversight Minister with primary responsibility for these two parishes who:
- Has a confident and joyful faith in Jesus, grounded in the scriptures and tradition of the Church, but open to new styles of worship
- Is a Charismatic and Evangelical leader, gifted in Biblical teaching, rooted in God’s word led by the power of God’s Spirit
- Will bring the energy to build up congregations
- Will enable the congregations to grow in the exercise of their spiritual gifts
- Is enthusiastic for mission, who will engage with our local communities (especially local schools) and equip us to do the same
Currently in post there is an Oversight Minister with primary responsibility for the other three parishes in the Mission Area, and (from after Easter 2024) a Pioneer Oversight Minister who will be working to revitalise mission and ministry across the whole Mission Area.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
For an informal chat about this post, please contact the Revd. Julie Bacon (Associate Archdeacon-Transition Enabler for the deaneries of Rotherham and Laughton) on 07706 357165 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Closing date: 19 January 2024 at midday
Interview date: Tuesday 20 February 2024