Here to help
Children and Young People's Adviser
In the last few years, Clynt French, as the Church in Schools Coordinator, has helped to establish 11 Church in School projects across the Diocese. He has worked with clergy, head teachers and team leaders in drawing teams of volunteers together and helping to support them along their journey in developing their own school-based congregation. Clynt’s role has now come to an end, but the journey of growing Church in Schools continues.
Parishes all over the Diocese are exploring ways of starting new congregations in their local CofE primary schools. The aim is to see 25 new school-based congregations established by 2025. Please get in touch with Mike North (see above) if you would like to explore this journey further, who will help you to think through best practice, provide resources and other support to enable your team to successfully plant a new congregation in your CofE primary school.
How we can help you with Church in Schools
- Safeguarding – DBS, Training (Basic, Foundation and Leadership)
- Risk Assessments
- Written agreement from the school
- Where is it going to take place? School hall practicalities
- Crafts? If so, how many?
- Setting up. Who? When?
- What equipment can the school provide?
- Registration – need to know who’s in the building
- Name of school based congregation
- Budget and initial outlay for setting up costs
- What resources and equipment to buy for set up?
- Badges, lanyards, stickers, t-shirts?
- First aid kit
- Vision statement
- Longevity and sustainability
- Being intentional in helping people explore faith further – Alpha/Start
- Being intentional about working towards sacramental worship