New conference aimed at children, youth, families and school workers
14th December 2015
It has been announced that a new conference will take place for children, youth, families and schools workers on Saturday 12 March 2016 in St Mary's Church, Bramall Lane, Sheffield called Joined Up.
Organisers of the day include: Mike North (Children’s and Young People’s Advisor for Diocese of Sheffield), Rachel McCallam (Methodist District Mission & Development Enabler), Fiona Walton (School Links Advisor for Christians and Sheffield Schools - CaSS) and Jon Buckley (YMCA White Rose Ecunite Ecumenical Project Manager)
The day will cover workshops on all age worship, Godly Play, Messy Church, Understanding Children’s and Youth Ministry, Self Harm, Identity and Mental Health, Special Needs, Open the Book, Prayer Spaces in Schools and Social Media. It is aimed at all those involved in youth, children’s or schools ministry who would like to connect with others, get resources and try out new ideas.
The contributors lineup includes:
- Mary Hawes - National Church of England Youth and Children's Advisor
- Julie Jefferies - National Open the Book Trainer
- Lucy Moore - BRF, Messy Church
- Phil Togwell – National Leader of Prayer Spaces in schools
- Nigel Pimlott - Regional Learning and Development Officer for Methodist Church
- Brian Cranwell - Author of 'Where's my Mum now?' Bereavement specialist
- Alistair Sharp - Rotherham Methodist Circuit
And others to be confirmed!
The day costs £10 per delegate, with lunch provided. Doors open at 9:30am for a 10am start, and the day finishes at 3:30pm.
For more information and to book, visit: www.joinedupconference.com (limited to 200 places)