In 2008 many churches across the UK got involved in Hope 2008, an opportunity to engage in mission in local communities. This was:
- Holistic. They communicated the good news of Jesus in word, song, drama, etc. but they also got involved in practical servant ministry in their local areas.
- Often ecumenical. Working with our brothers and sisters in other denominations spoke a powerful message of unity
UPDATE: download the Hope 2018 newsletter here, with its 10 things to do in 2018.
Ten years on, Hope 2018 offers resources and an opportunity for us to make this year a particular focus for mission.
- Watch the Hope 2018 introductory video, which you can find here.
- The emphasis is on using natural opportunities through the year to con nect with people outside of church
- Nationally the hope is to see 10% growth in UK church numbers in 2018 - this would go a long way towards our 20% in 10 years in Sheffield Diocese! Some of you will be thinking 'Unrealistic' or 'Impossible'. Maybe ... but some denominations on the planning team thought this was rather conservative. If we have never tried reaching out consistently round the year, then how can we tell?
- The various buttons below will navigate you to additional materials, resources and ideas. If you want further help, please contact John Hibberd in the Parish Support Team at Church House.
- The Hope 2018 brochure is available in pdf here.
- For a quick overview of the year, read this one-page article.