Season of Invitation - Remembrance
Remembrance Sunday 2014-2018 will have a particularly high profile in the public sphere, being 100 years since the outbreak and conclusion of WW1. The Church of England has produced a website and series of info and resources for commemorating the occassion: www.churchofengland.org/ww1
In the mailing that was sent out about Remembrance, we flagged up the following ideas & resources:
- If you are joining with a public act of Remembrance at a local war memorial, could you invite people back to church for refreshments and also set aside a space for prayer / reflection there?
- If you are meeting in church, could you use AV facilities to project helpful images & / or music as part of the service?
- Are there current members of the Armed Forces or veterans who could play an appropriate part in the service?
- All-age / children: www.barnabasinchurches.org.uk/remembrance-sunday-making-peace
- Further resources: www.ctbi.org.uk/233 or www.bathandwells.org.uk/faithandmission/remembrance-resources.
In addition, we have been sent a sound file with someone playing the Last Post on trumpet. This recording includes the 2-minute silence before the final few bars on the trumpet.
It is worth noting that the 'Silent Night' resources for Christmas link also link to Remembrance