Safeguarding Training Information & Dates
The National safeguarding Team has been working on the development of online training programmes and has now launched the first safeguarding course available online. The C0 course is a basic awareness safeguarding programme recommended for anyone with a role in church. It is an introduction to what safeguarding means and the different types of abuse that children or adults can be at risk of. The course is not intended to replace face-to-face classroom training being provided by the diocesan safeguarding team but is useful, as a starter, for anyone who hasn’t done safeguarding training, or has a gap of 3 years or more since doing training.
If you have leadership role or a role working with vulnerable groups (children or adults) you will need to attend another level/s of safeguarding training relevant to your role. For some roles that are not eligible for a DBS (such as the caretaker, servers or welcomers), the C0 is sufficient.
Full instructions on how to access the C0 are available here:
If you have other questions or would like to discuss the C0, please contact Chris Herbert, the Diocesan Safeguarding Trainer on 01709 309152 or via email at email@example.com
The Safeguarding team is rolling out a programme of safeguarding training that will be a mix of regular safeguarding and specialist modules (some of which are still to be developed by the National Safeguarding Team). The following sessions are currently being offered:
C1 Training, for anyone who has safeguarding responsibilities or who has contact with children, young people and/or adults who may be vulnerable.
- Tuesday 5th September 2017 6:30-9:30pm - St Albans Church, Attercliffe S9 5AY
- Thursday 14th September 2017 10am-1pm - St James Church, Doncaster DN1 3AW
- Tuesday 19th September 2017 6-9pm - All Saints Church, Woodlands DN6 7RS
- Thursday 28th September 2017 6:30-9:30pm - All Saints Church, Ecclesall S11 7PQ
- Thursday 5th October 2017 10am-1pm - St Cuthberts Church, Fir Vale S5 6WL
- Tuesday 17th October 2017 6-9pm - Christ Church, Swallownest S26 4UR
- Thursday 19th October 2017 10am-1pm - *venue required*
- Tuesday 24th October 2017 6-9pm - St Peter's Church Hall, Barnburgh DN5 7ES
* Please contact Chris Herbert (details below) if you would like us to run this session at your church, we need a minimum of 20 people to make the session viable.*
- Wednesday 4th October 2017 6:30-9:30pm - St Thomas Church, Kilnhurst S64 5TX
C2 Training, for anyone in a leadership role in their church
- Thursday 7th September 2017 1-5pm - Church House, Rotherham S65 1BL - Please note that this session is specifically aimed at youth leadership
- Tuesday 26th September 2017 6-9pm - St Polycarp Church, Malin Bridge S6 4TE - Fully booked
- Wednesday 18th October 2017 9:30am-4:30pm - St Peters Church, Warmsworth DN4 0TW
- Wednesday 8th November 2017 9:30am-4:30pm - Church House, Rotherham S65 1BL
- Wednesday 10th January 2018 9:30am-4:30pm - Sheffield venue TBC
We will be providing further dates in 2018 for licensed/authorised lay ministers and readers.
S1 Training, safer Recruitment training for Safeguarding Children Officers, Safe Church Representatives, CCPAS Lead Recruiters and CCPAS Additional Recruiters
- Thursday 26th October 2017 10am-1pm - St Cyprian's Church Hall, Frecheville S12 4XY
To book a place on any of these events please complete the booking form, and return to Sue Lamprell, Diocesan Safeguarding & DBS Administrator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Church House, 95-99 Effingham Street, Rotherham S65 1BL. Alternatively, you can book a place by phoning Sue on 01709 309151.