Safeguarding Training Information & Dates
The National safeguarding Team has been working on the development of online training programmes and has now launched the first safeguarding course available online. The C0 course is a basic awareness safeguarding programme recommended for anyone with a role in church. It is an introduction to what safeguarding means and the different types of abuse that children or adults can be at risk of. The course is not intended to replace face-to-face classroom training being provided by the diocesan safeguarding team but is useful, as a starter, for anyone who hasn’t done safeguarding training, or has a gap of 3 years or more since doing training.
If you have leadership role or a role working with vulnerable groups (children or adults) you will need to attend another level/s of safeguarding training relevant to your role. For some roles that are not eligible for a DBS (such as the caretaker, servers or welcomers), the C0 is sufficient.
Full instructions on how to access the C0 are available here:
If you have other questions or would like to discuss the C0, please contact Chris Herbert, the Diocesan Safeguarding Trainer on 01709 309152 or via email at email@example.com
The Safeguarding team is rolling out a programme of safeguarding training that will be a mix of regular safeguarding and specialist modules (some of which are still to be developed by the National Safeguarding Team). The following sessions are currently being offered:
C1 Training, for anyone who has safeguarding responsibilities or who has contact with children, young people and/or adults who may be vulnerable.
- Tuesday 24th October 2017 6-9pm - St Peter's Church Hall, Barnburgh DN5 7ES
- Tuesday 7th November 2017 6pm to 9pm - Holy Trinity Church, Millhouses S7 2GY
- Wednesday 15th November 2017 6pm to 9pm – Holy Trinity & St Oswald’s Church, Finningley DN9 3DA
- Tuesday 28th November 2017 6.30pm to 9.30pm - St Mark’s Church, Broomhill S10 2SE
- Thursday 30th November 2017 10am to 1pm – Christ Church, Fulwood S10 3RT
- Tuesday 12th December 2017 6pm to 9pm – The Vine, Sheffield
- Thursday 14th December 2017 10am to 1pm – St John’s Church, Ranmoor S10 3GX
C3 Training, required for those holding a license, commission, authorisation, permission to officiate from a Bishop - Ordained and Lay
- Wednesday 8th November 2017 9:30am to 4:30pm - Church House, Rotherham S65 1BL
- Wednesday 10th January 2018 9:30am to 4:30pm - The Hilton Room, Sheffield Cathedral
- Thursday 22nd March 2018 9:30am to 4:30pm - venue TBC
- Tuesday 10th April 2018 9:30 to 4:30pm - venue TBC
S1 Training, safer Recruitment training for Safeguarding Children Officers, Safe Church Representatives, CCPAS Lead Recruiters and CCPAS Additional Recruiters
- Thursday 26th October 2017 10am to 1pm - St Cyprian's Church Hall, Frecheville S12 4XY
To book a place on any of these events please complete the booking form, and return to Sue Lamprell, Diocesan Safeguarding & DBS Administrator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Church House, 95-99 Effingham Street, Rotherham S65 1BL. Alternatively, you can book a place by phoning Sue on 01709 309151.
In case there is a need to cancel an event through unforeseen circumstances, such as adverse weather conditions e.g. snow/flooding etc. or illness of the trainer, attendees will be contacted, using the details provided on their booking form, a minimum of 2 hrs before the event.
If you would like to offer your church/church hall as a venue for one of our events please complete a venue booking form in full and return to Sue Lamprell at the address above.