Mission Partnership Development Tool Resources
Please note that all the Mission Partnership Development tools have been updated in September 2016 & again in October 2017. The new versions are now accessible via the links on this page. The Parish Support Team would also like to encourage churches thinking of developing a Mission Partnership agreement to be in touch with them (or, if they are looking to employ a Mission Partnership Development Worker) with Graham Millar. We would like to offer assistance in making a start to this process.
The key resources are:
- Tools to Develop Mission Partnerships: document available to download. This is a detailed document with definition, criteria, developmental stages & guidance on the Mission Partnership Agreement. Whoever is leading the process will need this level of detail. PLEASE DOWNLOAD, READ & USE THIS TOOL TO WORK THROUGH THE PROCESS.
- Summary document. This gives a good overview. It is more suitable for introducing the process & also to give to church members. Download.
- Mission Partnership Agreement. A blank template document, which covers all the main criteria, is available to download and then edit to your needs. PLEASE USE THIS AS THE BASIS TO WRITE YOUR AGREEMENT.
- Mission Partnership MAP. We have now added a simple description of how to create a joint MAP for a group of churches working in partnership: download.
In addition, there are some video & PowerPoint resources that you might find useful:
- Bishop Steven (5m 45s) video clip relating Mission Partnerships and the diocesan mission strategy documents to their biblical foundation.
- An amimated PowerPoint slide show to introduce Mission Partnerships. A second PowerPoint slide show gives useful links to further reading etc.
- Brief video stories of a Mission Partnerships forming in Hackenthorpe, Gleadless, Basegreen & Waterthorpe (http://youtu.be/dG_60myzfPU) and also the NW Rotherham area (http://youtu.be/lXQ3DTwxRk4) may help you with insights from churches who have worked through issues in forming local mission partnerships.
Finally, there are 3 additional useful written resources:
- FAQ document
- Martyn Snow's reflection on the stages in the journey of forming a Mission Partnership
- The outline programme from the 2013 Diocesan Development Day on Mission Partnerships