Growing Lay Leaders Taster Event
As a part of their support to parishes that are begining to implement their MAP tool actions the Parish Support Team organised a taster session to help parishes think about Growing Lay Leaders. The resources on this page incude a copy of the powerpoint images, audio of the talk and links to the resources that were mentioned.
- A PDF of the Power Point slide presentation from Mark Cockayne can be accessed by clicking the image.
The Taster referred to SHAPE and the Church Pastoral Aid Society Resources that are listed here:-
- The Church Pastoral Aid Society (CPAS) produce a number of resources to help with church leadership including :
- Growing Leaders is a course which helps identify and grow Lay leaders in a church.
- Mentoring Matters is an easy-to-use pack with eveything you need to start a church-based mentoring network: indentifying, equpping and resourcing members.
- Lead On is a monthly church leadership email that CPAS produce.
- SHAPE - Your Shape for God's Service. A 6 session course from the Diocese of Carlisle for established Christians. Focussed on building the Kingdom of God, not on self. More information can be found about the course on the St Peter's College Website www.stpeterscollege.org.uk/your-shape
- See the 'Further Resources' (www.sheffield.anglican.org/further-external-resources-for-map) page in this section of the website for 'Evidence to Action', Grove Books, and other material applicable to all sections of the MAP tool.
- Audio of Mark's talk can be listened to or downloaded here.