Real Buildings: Real Life Conference
18th September 2018
The future sustainability of church buildings depends on their ability to be relevant to modern society. Come and see how across the country innovative solutions are enabling this.
About the conference
Open to everyone interested in the organisation, use and future of church buildings, leading speakers at this one-day conference will share innovative solutions that are transforming listed and other buildings into viable and sustainable places of hope, sociability and life-changing experience.
Presentations and speakers to include:
- Festival Churches: mixed economy use of church buildings - Dr Joe Elders, Church Buildings Council
- Engaging and working with local community projects - Wendy Coombey M.B.E., author of Crossing the Threshold
- Churches and tourism: the potential of heritage - Sarah Crossland, National Churches Trust
- New spaces, new uses for listed churches - Fred Hamer, RRA Architects
- Insurance cover for open churches - Kay Short, Ecclesiastical Insurance
- Sharing churchyard heritage: mapping, recording and linking registry records - Tim Viney, Atlantic Geomatics
September 18th 2018, 10.00 – 4:30 (registration from 09.30)
Sheffield Cathedral, Church Street, Sheffield S1 1HA
Attendance £20; Students with ID £12
Refreshments and lunch included (please notify of any dietary needs)
Spaces are limited with registration on a strictly first come first served basis.
For enquiries regarding the event location, registration, payment and further information please contact the DAC Administration Officer, Julia Alder on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01709 309133